- Motivation and identity, especially in the context of maladaptive or negative identity labels.
- How do disease labels and diagnoses influence regulatory thought and behavior, and how can they have both negative and positive consequences.
- Conscious/nonconscious goal switching
- Feelings of agency and unconscious goal pursuit
- The explanatory vacuum in nonconsious goal-directed action
- How does competition affect the way we set and pursue our goals?
- What makes us compete, and when do we do it?
- How are we affected, psychologically and socially, by competing?
- The gap that exists between behavioral intentions and actual behavior
- The process of goal disengagement and how to keep people engaged to difficult, but important goals
- The projection of explicit and and implicit goals
- The social consequences of projecting goals (either cooperative or competitive)
Katherine Reilly Thorson
- Relationship between self-regulation and emotion
- Influences of emotion and stress on behavior
- Self-regulation and psychophysiology
- How self-regulatory strategies and mental simulations impact the cognitive structure of goal-systems
- Facilitating the productive regulation of agency/authorship/control inference
- When and how early-life conflict gives rise to maladaptive automatic goal-pursuit later in life
Julie Youko Anne Cachia
- How do cultural factors shape self-regulation?
- What role does self-regulation play in interpersonal relationships?
- Eve Legrand
- Kira Graf
- Laure Freydefont
- Michael Reininger
- Sandra Wittleder
Caterina C. Bulgarella
Anna Lisa Cohen
Heidi Grant Halvorson
Marlone D. Henderson
Heather Barry Kappes
Elizabeth J. Parks-Stamm