Professor of Psychology and Neural Science, New York University
Department of Psychology
6 Washington Place
New York, NY 10003
PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1990-1995
BS, Massachusetts Institute of Techology 1987-1990
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München 1985-1986
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine 1984-1986
Maximiliansgymnasium, München, Germany 1974-1984 Abitur
Professional appointments and Awards
• Director, Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt, Germany, 2014-
• Professor, Department of Psychology, NYU, 2009-
• Professor, Dept. of Linguistics & Dept. of Biology, UMCP, 2006-2009.
• Associate Professor, Dept. of Linguistics & Dept. of Biology, UMCP, 2003-2005.
• Visiting Professor, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Kanazawa, Japan, 11/2001.
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of Linguistics & Dept. of Biology, UMCP, 1998-2002.
• Adjunct Asst. Professor, Department of Radiology, UCSF School of Medicine, 1997.
• Post-Doc, Department of Radiology, UCSF School of Medicine. 08/1995-12/1996.
• Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2007.
• Guest Professor in Residence, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, 2006.
• DaimlerChrysler Berlin Prize, American Academy Berlin, Fall 2004
• Fellow, Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin (Institute for Advanced Studies), 2003-2004